medpex is one of the largest German mail-order pharmacies and thus an important player in two of the most exciting growth markets: e-commerce and healthcare. In well-known tests, the mail-order pharmacy received top marks for reliable service, good advice and fast delivery.
Based in the Rhine-Neckar region, we ship around 400,000 packages per month – to more than five million customers throughout Germany.
We are a young and innovative company with a strong corporate culture, a good dose of start-up, and steady growth. Currently we employ more than 400 people.
To grow further we need more of our biggest success factor: talented, qualified and motivated employees. That is why we are looking for an Data Scientist (m/f/d) for our offices in Mannheim (DE) or Heerlen (NL)
Your tasks will be
As a data scientist you analyze a wide range of business problems, optimize processes and make an important contribution to the development of new business models in the eCommerce and healthcare environment. You will work in an agile, cross-functional product team on the following topics:
- You will work with us on our analytical data platform based on Snowflake, S3, Kinesis, Docker, dbt, python, Sagemaker etc.
- You develop and operate data products based on our data platform using statistics, machine learning and mathematical optimization.
- You will develop products in close cooperation with stakeholders from different departments.
- You present, explain and translate your results in a way that is appropriate for the target group.
What we expect from you
You have a degree in a technical or scientific field or a comparable education and have several years of professional experience in data science or a related field. Furthermore, you convince us with the following qualifications:
- Experience in the development and operation of data products that also use machine learning algorithms
- Experience with a BI frontend (e.g. QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy) and data warehouse systems (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Teradata)
- Very good knowledge of SQL and Python
- Strong analytical skills paired with an agile mindset
- Strong solution orientation, independence and hands-on mentality
- Good knowledge of German and English
What you can expect
- Current technology. We love tech.
- Start-up flair with regular collective events (like bubble football, laser tag or canoeing)
- Flexible working hours with one day of home office per week
- Bright offices with a football table, Nintendo Switch, relax lounge and the choice between an open-plan or 4-person office
- Modern tech equipment
- Dell XPS Notebook with Windows 10 (Company Standard) or MacBook Pro (OS X)
- Company mobile phone (iPhone or Android)
- Free choice of IDE and work equipment (mouse, keyboard, etc.)
- Height-adjustable desks
- Flat hierarchies, communication as equals, first name basis and no dress code.
- Air-conditioned offices, located near the city center and the main train station, but also near green areas
- Individual training and development opportunities
- Fresh fruit, drinks and coffee flat rate to keep energy levels up
- Exclusive employee discounts
Curious? Experience more about our vision and culture on https://jobs.medpex.de/#aboutus
Our offices in Mannheim are conveniently located and well connected to local and long-distance public transport. Shops in the city center, restaurants and parks are located in the immediate vicinity.
We look forward to receiving your application and having you as part of our team. Please remember to include your last certificates along with your cover letter and CV when you apply.
For further questions please contact Stephanie Gans by phone at 0621 397316 654.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.