App Store - Senior Data Engineer at Apple (Seattle, WA)
When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps each created using the teams own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS.
To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, we build high- performance systems backed up by persistent systemwide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in peoples daily lives, the App Store team has become crucial to Apples business.
As part of the AMP - App Store Analytics Engineering org, you will be a part of a team that is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on customer experience data in the App Store by utilizing these insights to drive improvements to user-facing features. We are responsible to build and productionize core data sets, and machine learning models needed by the App store marketing teams. As a member of the AMP Engineering team you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a multi-functional team collaborating with several partners across product, engineering, operations and business; and closely partner with stakeholders to translate requirements to scalable engineering solutions
- Help drive architectural vision to be ready for future opportunities
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines and data sets serving key product features and insights protecting user privacy
- Own data quality, scalability and SLAs for the allocated datasets and pipelines
- Be a champion for technical excellence, and cultivate team spirit by contributing to standard methodologies, documentation, shared tools and solutions to common problems
The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV+. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Come join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.