Meet Bending Spoons. With millions of monthly users for our products, we're one of the leading mobile app developers in the world. Our Data Science team identifies new opportunities. Our developers and product leads seize them.
One of the jewels in our portfolio is Splice, the mobile video editor. With more than 60 million downloads from all over the world, Splice has a faithful user base that’s crazy about its powerful editing options.
Still, the app is a long way from reaching its full potential. To further establish Splice as the go-to video editor for mobile-first creators worldwide, Splice needs a Computer Vision team to bring our AI strategy to life.
As such, we’re establishing a brand-new team of Computer Vision engineers to bring our strategy to fruition. We’re recruiting for multiple positions within the new team, from junior roles to a tech lead, so we invite applicants of all seniority and experience levels. You’ll be asked to specify these when applying.
As a team, your responsibilities include the following:
- Identifying and implementing the optimal AI solution to power each user-facing feature. Maximize robustness, scalability, and maintainability.
- Collaborating with the Research team to create and optimize algorithms, bringing mathematical models to production.
- Teaming up with product managers to help identify ways that AI can improve our user experience.
- Working alongside the other Engineering teams to create the necessary tools, automation, and infrastructure.
What we offer
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from and teach some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Huge impact. You’ll make a major contribution to products used by millions all around the world. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference both to our users and to Bending Spoons as a company.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Cutting edge tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Top-of-the-market salary and stock options. Our compensation package is highly competitive and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance and seniority.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons and offer an unlimited book budget, but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
- Relocation package (if you want to relocate). To ease your move to Milan, the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
What we look for
- Relevant background or expertise. You hold an MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or a related technical field.
- Relevant knowledge. You’re familiar with Deep Learning and convolutional neural networks (ideally, in their application to image and video processing).
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for AI in general and Computer Vision specifically.
- Good communication skills. You can pose questions with clarity, explain your reasoning concisely, identify the right data points to express a message, and create brief, insightful reports with a touch of artistry.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
Commitment & contract
Full-time, permanent or fixed-term (depending on seniority).
Milan, Italy. Support for relocation includes finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
The current situation hasn’t stopped our hiring and onboarding. Our vacancies are for in-house employment and we can’t wait to meet the new Spooners in person but, until the Coronavirus is over, we’ll rely on remote onboarding for all new roles. Similarly, all interviews and assessments will take place online.
Please notice that only applications submitted through our website will be considered. Apply here.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.