Global Payment Guardian is Wholesale Payment’s world class fraud screening application. We are is currently in need of a Data Scientist/Machine Learning engineer to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative team that analyzes data to develop tools to help fight payment fraud for our clients.
- Collaborate with business, operations and other technology colleagues to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Document approach and techniques used.
- Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases.
- Collaborate with other J.P. Morgan machine learning teams.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- MS or PhD in a Data Science or related discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Artificial Intelligence
- 5+ Years of Advanced data mining and EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) skills
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python (must) and Java (would be a plus).
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, LightGBM, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, H2O, SHAP, Catboost)
- Good experience with model explainability
- 5 + years of experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Experience with large imbalanced datasets
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.