We are a team in the Freemium mission working on optimizing the customer journey. We are currently working on communicating the right value to the right users at the right time through a multi-channel messaging experience (email, push, in-app, etc), ensuring that all users retain and progress through every stage of the customer journey. Additionally we work closely with others teams within Freemium on the personalization of the sign-up/sign-in and onboarding Spotify experiences. We are a cross functional team applying Machine Learning across all our problem spaces.
What you’ll learn and do:
- Contribute to designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining Spotify’s product by hands-on ML development
- Collaborate with a multi-functional agile team spanning user research, design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect artists and fans in personalised and relevant ways
- Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for our hundreds of millions of active users
- Help drive optimisation, testing, and tooling to improve quality
- Be part of an active group of machine learning practitioners in your mission and across Spotify
Who you are:
- You have a strong background in machine learning, theory, and practice.
- You are comfortable explaining the intuition and assumptions behind ML concepts.
- You have hands-on experience implementing and maintaining high-scale, production ML systems in Python, Scala, or similar languages. Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus.
- You are experienced with building data pipelines, and you are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam, Spark, or other distributed data processing frameworks.
- You preferably have experience with and cloud platforms like GCP or AWS.
- You care about agile software processes, data development, reliability, and focused experimentation
- You love your customers even more than your code
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.