Motius is a research and development company with a unique organizational structure: we combine a solid core team (approximately 70 employees) with an interdisciplinary tech community (approximately 800 members) of software developers, engineers, designers and electrical engineers to build products and prototypes the latest technology areas (including App/Web, A.I., Blockchain, AR / VR and much more).
As Senior Backend & MLOps Engineer with focus on Python you're a permanent part of our Software Cluster and join our diverse R&D projects (each ~3-9 months duration) in small and agile teams as Lead Engineer. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories.
In this role, you'll not only be part of 1 or 2 of our exciting projects, but you'll also help our software cluster to become constantly better, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by coaching and mentoring younger engineers during their career development. In addition, our tech clusters are responsible for creating roadmaps and evaluating upcoming technologies and programming languages to be realized in future projects. Internally we call this position Tech Specialist.
- Lead Engineer in our R&D projects with engineering teams of 2-5 people
- Depending on your background and your preference you are building complex web applications, apps, and other software or real A.I. solutions for various industries and for different use cases
- Mostly working with the team in the HQ in Munich or remotly - we don't do customer-on-site consulting
- Defining the right tech stack and setting up the architecture for the projects
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Mentoring and coaching younger engineers, making sure we build high quality products
- Constantly improving our software cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- University degree in Computer Science or in similar disciplines and at least 3-5 years of experience in agile software development
- Strong experience in Python and frameworks like Django or Flask; experience with AWS products and services (Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, ...)
- Additional experience in machine learning/ deep learning libraries/frameworks is a plus (e.g. Rasa, numpy, scipy, pandas, sklearn, Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.)
- Proven experience in deploying and monitoring ML models in a production setup (MLOps) and curiosity for our DevOps processes and infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital product
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions for our clients
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and strong command of English language (both verbal and written), German is a plus
- Unique and inspiring working culture with many smart engineers from diverse backgrounds (e.g. App developers, Embedded system engineers, Mechanical engineers, Computer Vision researchers etc.) coming from over 15 different countries
- Exciting insights into the markets, technologies and products of the future through collaboration with clients from a wide range of industries plus the opportunity to accelerate our clients' innovation cycles
- Fulltime & permanent employment as a Tech Specialist and a defined Talent Journey for your further development, as well as regular peer reviews
- Own personal development budget and our regular Tech Discovery for learning and discovering new technologies
- Pushing and realizing the topics that you're interested in and using Motius as a machine for that
- Other perks & benefits of a startup: Lots of flexibility and responsibility, flat hierarchies, regular teambuilding and company events, free access to our workshop area and also to Makerspace.
Despite Covid-19 we continue to grow and are looking forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, possible start date and salary expectation.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.