We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our exciting data science community, as we continue to turbo charge digital and data across M&S.
Here at M&S the data science function builds end-to-end AI and machine learning solutions in retail and e-commerce and helps our colleagues in Food, Clothing & Home, Fashion, Marketing, Loyalty, Supply Chain, Growth, Customer Services etc. to drive value from data and create personalised experiences for our customers. We apply state of the art machine learning techniques to solve a variety of problems such as outfit recommendations in fashion, personalised offers for our loyalty program, pricing optimization, demand forecasting for supply chain, product waste management for retail, and AI powered campaigns for our marketing.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Work with the Head of Function and other data scientists within a small team using expert knowledge of data science techniques and statistics to deliver complex projects with a robust commercial approach
- Work within a larger cross-functional team to delivery impactful data science-driven results for the business giving M&S a competitive advantage
- Deliver high quality actionable data science to predict, measure and interpret business trends
- Demonstrate a culture of analytical ‘curiosity’ through innovative, data driven insights on business questions
- Work alongside the rest of the Data Science team to champion and implement data-driven decisioning for the business
- Work as part of a team to scan and maintain a presence within the market for opportunities in optimisation, analytical techniques, visualisation, tools and big data working with M&S Big data / IT Teams to prioritise and scope improvements
- Strong background in numerical subjects (PhD or equivalent industry experience preferred)
- Demonstrable experience with the Python data science stack (numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, plotting libraries etc.)
- Proficient in using SQL to retrieve and manipulate data
- Knowledge of distributed computing tools for large data (spark, dask etc.)
- Familiar with experimentation, A/B testing and other statistical techniques
- Experience of deploying ML models into production encompassing coding standards and testing
- Ability to mentor team members and can drive a culture of rigorous code quality
- Effective communicator with technical and non-technical colleagues, with the ability to present to key stakeholders and wider cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage project workstreams and assist in building project roadmaps
- Innovative thinking with the ability to conceptualise new applications for Data Science within M&S
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.