This is an opportunity for a creative a Operations Research Analyst, Statistician, or Data Scientist to join our Operations Research department.
We apply advanced analytical and mathematical techniques to make difficult policy and acquisition decisions, to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency, and achieve highest quality engineering solutions.
Our Operations Research Analyst will both work independently and at times lead a team of technical staff. Outstanding communications / presentation skills will be used interacting with high level sponsors.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about applying operations research, statistics, and data analytics to real world problems
- Support the development and application of a variety of analytical models to sponsor challenges, with a willingness to adapt and learn
- Present results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood by all sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise
- Bachelors in Operations Research, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent knowledge and skills in a related field
- 5 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Evidence of knowledge of principles, concepts, methods and tools for conducting operations research, statistical analysis, or data analytic studies
- Have experience in using tools and technique to do mathematical modeling, optimization, statistics, probability modeling, and simulation
- Demonstrated ability to use at least one modern programming language, simulation, optimization, or business intelligence platform (e.g., RStudio, MATLAB, Python, Java, Gurobi, CPLEX, Stella)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
- Technical MS degree or PhD with four or more years relevant professional experience
- Preference given to qualified candidates with active clearance.
- Five or more years experience working with/for agencies and/or departments of the US Government (e.g.,FAA, DoD, DoE, DHS,Treasury, IRS)
Department Information. Operation Research (OR) is often defined as “the science of better.” It involves applying the problem solving process to complex interdisciplinary type problems that occur within or at the intersection of organizations, operations, and technology. Members of our department are experts in using techniques such as mathematical modeling, optimization, statistics, probability modeling, and simulation to perform analysis that enables decision maker to make more effective decisions.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.