MITRE’s Communications Network Engineering and Analysis Department (L111), which is part of MITRE’s Infrastructure and Networking Innovation Center, seeks an engineer who is passionate about communications networks to perform research, design, development, prototype, and test in the areas of next generation 5G platform and ecosystem. You will work with a team of engineers who specialize in providing networking expertise on a wide variety of projects to solve our nation’s most complex problems.
- Quickly prototype and test proof of concept microservices for real time and near real time use cases at 5G cellular edge in support of business verticals.
- Develop AI/ML based control algorithms to ensure services with low latency, high availability, high performance, and high Quality of Experience characteristics.
- Analyze and onboard 5G use cases as part of Proof of Concept demonstrations.
- Participate in documentation, information sharing, and technical exchange.
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and cultivate innovation.
- BS and 5 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
We are interested in highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with a wide variety of skills to dig deep on challenging technical problems. Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of wireless technologies and cellular systems
- Strong foundation in full software development lifecycle activities
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, C++, or C
- Ability to effectively communicate and present software architecture, algorithms, and security concepts as a technical advisor
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaborate across teams/projects to achieve results
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Technical, task, or project leadership experience
- Willingness/passion for mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Knowledge on 5G interfaces, protocols, and procedures
- Knowledge on ESTI MANO and MEC specifications
- Knowledge of the ORAN RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) and the ability to apply microservice development knowledge to the development of RIC xApps and rApps
- Experience with embedded systems and the implementation of wireless protocol stacks
- Experience with AI/ML application development for data analytics in support of specific use cases, such as smart vehicles (e.g., UAS/UAV/Drones), factory automation, surveillance using IoT devices (e.g., cameras and sensors), and remote medicine (e.g., remote surgery)
- Experience with management and automation of virtualized resources at scale using ETSI MANO compatible solutions such as ONAP
- Hands on experience in microservice development on container platforms, such as Azure AKS, AWS EKS, Red Hat OpenShift, etc.
- Experience developing microservices-based application on cloud-based container platforms
- Coding experience in Go, Python, or C++
- Experience with open-source data visualization dashboard tools such as Kibana and Grafana
- Experience with cross-platform database programs such as MongoDB, and stream processing software such as Kafka
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.