Senior Data Scientist, Input Experience at Apple (Cupertino, CA)
At Apple, our goal is to provide an effortless input experience to everyone, no matter what languages they speak, across modalities, with world-class intelligence at the core. The Input Experience organization is directly responsible for keyboard and pencil input across multiple platforms. We also work very closely with the Siri speech team to seamlessly integrate dictation into our users text input.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help us develop insights into how Apple customers experience our input technologies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Accuracy of our intelligent algorithms such as autocorrection and QuickPath.
- Usage of specific features including engagement
- Soft spots in our technology stack that might contribute to user frustration
These insights will be developed via a combination of metrics, A/B testing, user studies/surveys and other data-oriented approaches.
The Input Experience organization is looking for an experienced and highly motivated data scientist! You will partner across engineering groups building world class intelligent input, and evangelize a culture of using data to measure, understand, and improve our products and features. You have a background that fuses data science, engineering, and product thinking. You have years of practical experience building measurement, evaluation, and insights to improve products.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with leadership and engineering teams to help define and prioritize the insights we need to make the very best products
- Drive the generation of insights from raw, unstructured data to improve existing features and explore future directions. Develop extensive knowledge of existing metrics, advocating for changes where needed.
- Work closely with engineering teams to guarantee the consistency and validity of metrics across platforms, modalities and languages.
- Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirement specifications, processing, analysis, and report generation.
- Drive regular insights reports and presentations with Apples leadership teams.
- Tackle difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Partner with your peers to build and prototype analysis pipelines that provide insights at scale.
- Promote adoption of best practices and build greater awareness of common data analysis pitfalls.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.