gowago is the easiest and most transparent platform in Switzerland to get a car for a monthly payment. We make it simple for users to get their perfect car, with everything included, all from the comfort of their own home.
gowago is positioned as a technology company and that’s why our engineering team is best in class. We process large amounts of data on a state-of-the-art architecture, employ machine learning and implement low latency APIs to make it as easy as possible for our customers to get their car on arguably one of the most beautiful frontends for car buying.
We’re looking for a Lead Backend & Data Engineer. We are based in Zürich, but you can work remotely from anywhere. We value flexibility and a good work life balance, focus on outcomes instead of hours and solve some of the most difficult problems of the car buying journey.
As a Lead Backend & Data Engineer, you’ll be working on many different projects and grow and learn every day while using cutting-edge technologies.
What you’ll be doing
- The main work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems as well as help solving hard problems other developers in the team are facing and perform rigorous peer-reviews
- Projects will include building APIs, developing serverless microservices deployed on AWS, implementing machine learning models to predict, classify and cluster data and perfecting a number of systems that our business depends on (authentication, data pipelines, machine learning models, analytics etc.)
- Our current technology stack is based predominantly on Typescript but there is an opportunity to introduce other backend languages for new services
- You’ll implement new data pipelines in an appropriate data processing language
- We focus on maintainability and fast turnaround with automated testing, continuous integration & delivery.
What you’ll need
- Fluent in Python, Scala or similar languages
- Minimum 6 years of experience in back-end development
- Good knowledge of a wide range of modern data storage and processing technologies
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other Engineering / Science disciplines
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Use the latest technology to bring gowago to the next level and future international expansion
- Competitive salary
- Work with a skilled team with diverse interests, backgrounds and lifestyles
- Amazing office close to the Limmat river with a huge rooftop and BBQ
- 25 days’ paid annual leave per year
The above are just words, apply and come see for yourself what we’re all about
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.