Your tasks will be:
We are looking for data scientist to join our R & D bioinformatics team in Berlin. You will be responsible for developing cutting-edge advanced data analytic algorithms and models from next generation sequencing data
- Data management tasks and bioinformatics algorithm development
- Data mining, interpretation and analysis
- Statistical analysis and visualization
- Development and curation of bioinformatics tools and databases
- Close collaboration with business owners; pro-actively driving further improvement to reach targets
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- A doctorate degree (with +1 year‘s work experience) or master degree (with +3 year’s work experience in the field) in Bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or related field
- Strong hands-on programing skills (R, Python, Java, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. MySQL, AWS Aurora)
- At least 3 years of software development experience in a scientific environment, ideally in an international company
- Must have experience with scalable cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Highly experienced in a big data environment using advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of NGS data analysis (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, etc) and in depth knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods and tools (UCSC Genome Browser, TCGA, gnomAD)
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, combined with good team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, meet timelines and company objectives.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.