This is a full-time position for US-based applicants, currently remote but eventually in-person in our Alexandria, VA Office.
Blue Orange is looking for an experienced data and analytics strategist to guide Blue Orange customers in accelerating their journey towards building data-driven organizations and integrating machine learning capabilities. The strategy consultant becomes a trusted advisor to our customers and shapes high impact digital projects, provides guidance on how to enable teams to use data effectively, maintain appropriate enterprise governance, understands the requirements of data science teams, and creates alignment among customer’s stakeholders to address resistance to change and provide a clear, executable vision for transition to cloud computing model. The strategist operates effectively at multiple levels of the organization and can address concerns from senior executives, data science practitioners, and established platform teams. As part of this team, the data strategist will work closely with colleagues to define and provide comprehensive data-enabled solutions. The consultant will collaborate closely with Blue Orange leadership, Account Executives, and Solutions Architects.
- Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide data strategy programs, often becoming the “trusted advisor” on data strategy related topics
- Providing tailored advice and best practices to help customers implement mission-critical reforms and advances in analytics roadmap execution, such as large-scale data lakes, machine learning capabilities, IoT, data warehousing, data governance, data security, and data access across the Organization.
- Provide guidelines and recommendations on business requirements, practice, and compliance to ensure organization business strategy, regulatory compliance, and continuity requirements are met.
- Defining modern data architecture and developing policies and practices to guide data collection, management, analysis, modeling, and reporting.
- Guiding data governance frameworks supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional data and analytics strategies, and associated policies/procedures.
- Advising on organizational changes that support digital transformation and enabling the People changes that are critical to sustained business performance: skills, capabilities, and organizational design.
- Creating awareness of various data related compliance/regulations and ensuring that consistent compliance with policies, standards, and tools is consistently enforced, e.g. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), GDPR, CCAR, BCBS239, KYC, etc
- Selling and delivering billable professional services and providing oversight on strategic engagements, defining scope and execution approach, building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his or her supervision, and working ethically and with integrity.
- Collaborating with others to drive and shape comprehensive solutions to accelerate business outcomes.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 8+ years of related experience in data management and data architecture
- 3+ years developing and executing analytics roadmaps, including machine learning
- 5+ years developing and executing projects in AWS.
- Experience managing data operations, cloud computing, data strategy, data governance, metadata management, or data quality management discipline
- Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Math, or applicable field or MBA
- One or more Associate, Professional, or Specialty AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Data Analytics, or Machine Learning Preferred).
- Experience in creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation.
- Experience one or more clouds in addition to AWS (Azure or GCP preferred).
- Experience with executing machine learning projects.
- Program management experience, including planning and execution oversight, prioritization, successful project completion in a timely manner; and maintaining a focus on high standards and quality.
- Knowledge of IoT and machine learning product ecosystem, data governance, data munging, and data quality tools.
- Experience with data architecture, data system and tools, related software, and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development support
Salary Range - 115k - 155K
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.