Senior Data Engineer, Ad Platforms at Apple (Austin, TX)
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich peoples lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
We are looking for a results-oriented and versatile senior engineer who will be a key member of our team, delivering data products that effectively solve challenging business problems. Responsibilities range from designing and implementing core storage and processing capabilities, to mission-critical pipelines, to supporting online serving architectures, and leading edge, privacy preserving machine learning platforms. You will have the opportunity to define, refine, and/or refactor approaches, designs, and architectures to meet the data engineering challenges we must solve.
You will join a team of world-class data engineers hungry to apply leading-edge technologies to deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers. You will play a meaningful role building data products that deliver on Apple's privacy commitments and change the way advertising works with data. You will be a leading voice in our technology strategy and its delivery, developing and mentoring junior members of the team. You will collaborate closely with the business to deliver relevant data and insight to inform our strategy and decisions.
At Ad Platforms, we are constantly developing data products to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for our customers. We are seeking a senior data engineer to deliver our future data systems. In this role, you will:
- Lead deep technical conversations and white boarding sessions to brainstorm ideas on data pipelines and petabyte scale data processing
- Design and implement new pipelines, storage, and processing solutions using modern, distributed systems approaches and technologies
- Advocate for the design and implementation approaches you propose
- Follow best practices in storage, processing, copy/synchronization, etc. appropriate to the scale and maturity of our products
- Work in multi-functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems in an agile setting
- Design and deliver high quality systems with excellent reliability and scalability, managing complexity and providing for efficient operations
- Work closely with partners across the organization to create and build data driven products
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.