Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Our analytics team pushes the boundaries of technology. We tackle challenging problems in the fields of data science and machine learning research to develop solutions from early prototypes to fully-fledged production-ready systems in the cloud and on the edge. We are looking to recruit highly motivated engineers and scientists that can successfully rise to the diverse challenges in the emerging market of Internet of Things. Currently, we are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team and be based in our Berlin office.
- Help Relayr build the world’s most advanced IoT Cloud Platform
- Design, prototype and refine our predictive maintenance algorithms
- Develop data pipelines that span from edge to cloud
- Implement MLops solutions for continuous deployment, monitoring and retraining of models
- Conduct in-depth literature research, evaluate new machine learning methods and develop predictive models
- Work in a cross-functional team together with Solution Architects, Backend Developers and other Data Scientists
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and present results
- Prototype and iterate quickly
- Engage in architectural discussions
- Participate in workshops to align customer requirements with our product and our business goals
Your Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or another relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the analytics field
- Good experience with Python
- Significant experience with machine learning techniques, ideally supervised learning and anomaly detection. Alternatively in-depth experience of implementing complex mathematical algorithms and a keen interest to dive into learning-based analytics
- Ability to explain data science concepts and requirements to non-technical audiences
Added Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with cloud technology (preferably Azure)
- Experience with predictive maintenance algorithms
- Experience with time-series data
- Good knowledge of traditional signal processing
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels.
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies.
- Competitive salary.
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.