Image Scientist / Camera Systems Engineer at Apple (Cupertino, CA)
Come join the Image Science Team (a part of the Camera Hardware and Depth Team) as we develop novel calibration and correction methodologies to create new photographic experiences, while maintaining high image quality over a wide range of component variation. Past projects have addressed color balance, color shading, optical and numerical image stabilization, position sensing, optical distortion calibration, and stereo imaging (including Portrait Mode). The team is seeking an outstanding optical systems engineer / image scientist with broad skills to develop the next generation of computational imaging technologies.
Duties include performing the systems-level analysis and modeling and simulation of imaging systems, and the design and construction of laboratory experiments and prototypes to guide systems development. Applicants should have demonstrated many of these skills:
- Developing novel camera calibration and image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Simulating and modeling imaging optics and projective geometry
- Designing and prototyping bench-top optical imaging and sensing systems
- Developing iOS and/or OSX software for use case data collection and prototyping
- Defining and documenting the systems architectures and system specifications for new features
- Analyzing and characterizing electrical, optical, and optoelectronic components for new systems
- Using computer control (Matlab, Python, etc.) to automate repetitive measurements.
- Managing project deliverables and schedules to meet commitments to product development teams
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.