Xayn is a privacy-protecting search alternative that enables users to gain back control over the algorithms and provides them with a smooth user-experience. Using the latest AI technology made in Europe, the company ushers in a new generation of user-friendly privacy tech – making privacy available for everyone.
After starting as a research project at The University of Oxford and Imperial College London, Xayn was founded in 2017. Our open-source framework for federated analytics and learning, XayNet, is the basis of the privacy-protecting personalised search engine Xayn. For further information on products and research, visit xayn.com.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and ambitious (Senior) AI Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin Mitte. You will be implementing robust, production-grade machine learning services, which run theoretically sound and statistically valid models. We focus in building privacy preserving AI that runs smoothly and conveniently onthe edge devices.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Design, code and deploy highly scalable machine learning systems
- Visualize key statistical concepts of underlying models and their performance
- Evaluate different statistical models taking into consideration trade-off between model improvement vs. scalability
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments
- Code deliverables in tandem with the rest of the tech team
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
- Work in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner
- Learn and teach about state of the art computational statistics techniques
- Research, implement and test your own ideas on how to improve our current models
- Background in Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, or similar
- Deep understanding of machine learning and (deep) neural networks, preferably also federated learning and reinforcement learning
- High interest in state-of-the-art research on deep learning
- Experience with Python
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with version control as Git
- Preferably experience with modern agile software development practices like microservices, test-driven development, pair programming, CI/CD etc.
- You know the difference between software developed as a tool for your research, and software developed for use in production by customers - you are interested in both
- Business proficiency in English language, German is a plus
- Full time availability in Berlin and eligibility to work in Germany
Nice to have
- Experience with test driven development
- Interest in privacy preserving AI
- Experience in NLP, especially in topic modelling
- Experience in open source projects
- Interest in edge computing
- A great opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement on a strategic and creative level
- Entrepreneurial flexibility, autonomy and flat hierarchies
- A fast-paced, multi-faceted working environment and an exciting company product
- A competitive pay
- Budget and time for Personal Development
- Support with Visa Process
We’re excited to hear from you!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.