Home Office in Holland, MI
SpinDance, a leader in custom Internet of Things (IoT) software, is looking for a cloud-focused developer to join our growing team of engineers. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will build software across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web) in the rapidly expanding world of IoT. If you love using multiple languages in a variety of domains, you’ll love working at SpinDance.
At SpinDance, we focus on developing solutions for startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. As part of our engineering team, you’ll get to work on projects across a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, architects and program managers to build a smarter connected world.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute as a lead engineer on software projects, working with customers and other engineers to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Work with internal and external project team members to architect IoT solutions that will create the best outcomes for our customers.
- Apply your understanding of software development in other domains, including Machine Learning, Embedded, Mobile, and Web. Don’t worry if you don’t already have these skills, one of our core values is to mentor and learn!
- Learn to use IoT methodologies and protocols to build next-generation connected solutions.
- Use TDD, CI/CD and DevOps methodologies to develop high quality software.
- Work on Agile software teams to collaborate with customers to build the right solution for their unique requirements, timelines and budgets.
- Use your knowledge of software craftsmanship and architecture design to assist with software and system assessments.
- Support business development efforts through quoting and writing proposals.
- Help SpinDance grow by being a thought leader inside and outside the organization.
What We’re Looking For
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional industry experience. A strong sense of software craftsmanship is a plus. At this time we are unable to sponsor visas.
- Have 15+ years of experience developing software professionally, especially as part of a distributed system. Don’t worry if you don’t know IoT, we’ll teach you that part, although some background in IoT is helpful.
- Some experience in machine learning languages and frameworks, such as Python, C++, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, MxNet, or Caffe, is a plus.
- A desire to gain experience and mastery across multiple domains (Machine Learning, Embedded, Mobile, and Web).
- Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Ability to mentor team members in making wise design and development decisions, while maintaining a desire to learn from others.
- A background or desire to work in a DevOps environment.
- A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
- Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is very important to us.
- Being able to write a killer blog post is a plus.
SpinDance is an 20 year old, profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up everyday to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Work anywhere in the United States.
- A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with deep focus. We use Scrum and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want, when they want.
- Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is expected, but in general we aim for 40 hour weeks.
- Great healthcare and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and time off.
- 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences and certifications.
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the following:
- Your resume.
- Contact info, including your name, email address, and a good phone number to reach you at.
- Some sample code and/or a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position.
We’ll get back to you within a week to continue the process.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.