A key aspect of autonomous driving is to be aware of the current local environment. We develop new state-of-the-art environment perception algorithms to accurately detect and track surrounding objects and obstacles based on measurement data of multiple sensors. As part of our team, you generate efficient and high-quality software that improves the perception capabilities and thereby also the safety and comfort for the future generation of autonomous vehicles at the BMW Group.
What awaits you?
- As part of our team, you work on innovative algorithms for the environment perception of autonomous vehicles, especially multi-sensor detection and tracking of moving objects and stationary obstacles.
- You challenge state-of-the-art methods by extending existing concepts and developing new strategies.
- Your tasks are versatile and include high-quality test-driven software development targeting series production, prototypical development of new concepts, a detailed in-depth qualitative and quantitative evaluation of different approaches, as well as integrating and testing developed software in our test fleet.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering / Information Technology, Robotics, or related field of study (Master or PhD).
- In-depth algorithmic background in sensor data processing (especially statistical signal processing, data fusion, probabilistic state estimation, occupancy grid mapping, clustering, association).
- Strong expertise of sensor technologies, especially lidar, radar, camera.
- Profound practical experience in software development, especially excellent C++ programming skills.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with developing embedded real-time systems.
- Substantial experience with parallel data processing architectures and models (GPGPU, SIMD, etc.) and optimizing code for specific hardware architectures.
You enjoy developing robust algorithms combined with high-quality software and are passionate about autonomous driving? Apply now!
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive renumeration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.