Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
Preferred location: London, UK
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than a hundred countries.
Digital Experience Design, our global CIB design team of 150+ designers in 7 locations plays a key role in building customer-centric products and services for both clients and employees.
Do you want to improve client experience at scale by measuring the behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes of Corporate and Investment Banking clients? We are looking for commercially minded, customer focused, hands on engineers, who want to be a part of building exciting product offering. A core responsibility is to produce secure, scalable technical solutions to support our market leading products.
Part of Corporate and Investment Banking, the Digital Experience Design organization's mission is to improve the experience of external clients and internal users across a broad variety of complex, essential, and high-value product and service journeys. The Client Experience Metrics program contributes to this mission using quantitative research to provide the data required to make key design and investment decisions.
This role offers an exciting challenge to the right person, with a real opportunity to have significant influence on the shape, direction and activities within the team and CIB more broadly. The CIB CX Metrics team has a broad data remit across CIB and operates much like an internal data consultancy, so the ideal candidate will have broad experience and knowledge across the data engineering space, and understand at a strategic level how various capabilities and technologies are best used to deliver business value. At the same time, the role requires diving into details when working with development teams with whom we partner.
* Support and Business partners to define and deliver a best in class data strategy that makes data a first-class citizen
* Help to implement a framework for mapping out an inventory of data management obligations aligned to capabilities
* Possess the hard programming, and data modeling skills combined with the softer communication, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to scope, develop, and deliver elegant solutions to complex data problems. Experience with Statistics would be a plus.
* Can efficiently manipulate data from disparate sources using Alteryx and other ETL tools and have a keen eye towards automation
* Strong knowledge of back-end and front-end application components
* Query data and merge information from diverse data sources to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making
* Work with other Analytics teams and multi-task on projects to summarize and synthesize data and present recommendations to the businesses in a clear and logical manner
* Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of digital data within the organization
* Support ongoing technology evaluation process and proof of concept projects
* Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and demanding environment
* Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team.
* Experience working both independently and in a virtual, collaborative environment is essential. Comfortable working in a matrix management model with stakeholders and virtual teams across global locations
* Ability to navigate and understand technical documentation and/or system documentation
* 3 to 5 years of industry experience in building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets experience
* Strong design, coding, debugging and analytical skills, especially across the big data ecosystem (e.g. Kafka, Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark)
* Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of relational databases and query authoring (especially Oracle SQL)
* Experience building processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* Familiarity with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
* Must have ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines and be comfortable manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
See related AI/ML jobs