You are not interested in being just a cog in the wheel and want your work to have an impact for a green future? Then HYDROGRID is the place to be!
At HYDROGRID, it is our vision to transform renewables into ‘smart power plants’ that reliably and intelligently deliver energy on demand to enable grid balancing with purely green energy. We have started our endeavour with hydro power plants - the best source of renewable energy – by optimizing and fully automating them with our AI-driven SaaS solution. With our own optimization and machine learning algorithms, our software is able to accurately align power generation with weather and power market prices. By doing so, we automate processes, save time and increase revenues by up to 18%. To further support our rapid growth we are looking for an Applied Mathematician / Data Scientist (m/f/d) to help us build and grow our industry-leading technology.
Your tasks & contributions
- You develop models for power plant optimization and forecasting algorithms (e.g. power market prices or hydrological inflows) by choosing the best type of inputs and modelling approach (e.g. econometrics, parametric, machine learning such as neural networks and deep learning)
- You feel equally comfortable implementing models and algorithms based on state-of-the-art academic literature as well as developing new methods using your understanding about the underlying problem
- You enjoy software development and are interested in taking your models from mathematical methodology and prototyping to production-ready deployment
- You work closely together with a team of top software developers, engineers, and energy industry experts to continuously improve our methodology and develop new ideas and product USPs
- Your methods will be deployed to production software guided by our SCRUM process to optimally control power plants across Europe and beyond, and will help to make a low-carbon economy possible
Requirements & what you bring on the table
- Degree (MSc or higher) in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or similar
- Knowledge of classic forecasting / econometrics / time series modelling methods and/or knowledge of machine learning methods & modelling
- Strong software development skills in at least one programming language (Matlab and/or Python)
- Good basic understanding of databases (SQL, …)
- You think and act in a solution or goal-oriented way
- Fluency in English is essential, other European languages are a bonus
- You have a valid work permit for Austria
It would be amazing if you have
- Knowledge of optimization methods (deterministic & stochastic) and/or big data analytics
- An interest in renewable energy and want your work to have a positive climate impact
- Start-up experience
Benefits & what you can expect from HYDROGRID
- A clear vision: work on the transformation of renewables into ‘smart power plants’ to enable grid balancing with purely green energy
- A strong ambition: based on our clear vision, our innovative product, our validated product-to-market-fit in numerous markets and our strong partners, we are at the beginning of our exciting scale-up story to contribute globally to the energy transformation
- A great spirit: our team culture combines start-up vibes with a high level of professionalism. The ability to work on a green future is what unites us and motives each of us every day. We highly value the mutual appreciation and positive atmosphere within our current very close-knit team and want to keep it that way as we grow.
- Room for career development and personal growth: As we are a growing company, we have a continuous need to expand our skills, team and leadership – we value outstanding contributions and can offer rapid career development opportunities on both specialist and leadership tracks
- Latest technology: our DNA is R&D driven allowing us to not only using the latest technology but also developing our own methodology beyond the state of the art to stay one step ahead of competition
- A flexible work environment: our work setting consists of flexible work hours (including the ability to take time compensation after “special crunch times”) and flexible work locations, either from our stylish office in the most liveable city in the world – Vienna – or from your Austrian home. Combined with our highly flexible home office policy, it gives you room to individually organize your working day according to your needs.
- Compensation: we offer an attractive compensation package to value your contribution, which comprises a market-rate competitive salary as well as an annual ticket for Wiener Linien.
- Wellbeing: regular team events, great coffee and tea, free snacks and perfect kitchen equipment including a Blender for your daily vitamin dose, and your very own HYDROGRID pen
For this position, we offer a base salary for senior developers starting at 55k per year (fulltime) with appropriate overpayment based on individual skills and previous experience.
Our passion-driven team works tirelessly to optimize hydropower and improve the global energy mix towards a future with sustainable power generation. We value trust, honesty, and creative-thinking and would love to welcome you to our team! In order to ensure that each application receives the time and attention it deserves, please send us your full application (including your CV and references) either here at Stackoverflow or via email join[at]hydrogrid.eu and let us know why you are motivated to join us in our quest for a renewable energy future - we promise to get back to you within a couple of days!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.